Thread lift treatment
What is Thread lift?
The PDO thread lift treatment means using dissolvable suturing thread in order to tighten and lifting the skin with no surgery and downtime. The PDO stand of Polydioxanon which is polyester suture. This thread is one of the three other types of thread which is use in the thread lift. These type of threads have
been used in surgery from many years ago. Basically PDO threads in the skin triggers fibroplblast cell and produce more collagen in the skin to improve skin elasticity and structures.
There are three types of PDO threads, PDO mono threads PDO Cog and PDO screw. The mono thread is mainly for skin rejuvnatin of skin with minimally lifting effect PDO cog has Barbs which hook into the skin to lift the part of skin which saggi such as Jawline, midface, neck PDO screw is mainly use to restore the volume mainly use in the area need volume such as nasolabial lines, and marrinotte lines.
Depends on the area and main patient concern we use different type of PDO. The PDO thread can be used in Mid face lift, lower face lift, neck lift, under eye,
Nasolabial lines, marriontte lines, and brow lift.
What can I expect from Thread lift treatment?
The result of thread iift depends on type of thread was used and purpose. For example if we use Mono thread patient will see improvement in skin tone and firmness over the time. As long as the thead is there healing process constantly stimulate the collagen production until suture dissolves. In the Barb thread we will see the lifting effect immediately however the maximum kift will be seen within 1-2 month after treatment which more collegen andelastin were build due to
presence of threads. The maximum result usually develop over 6 months and mainly result is ok up to 18 th months .
How is Thread lift treatment performed in Sunny Aesthetic?
At Sunny Aesthetic after comprehensive consultaion :
What you need to know before treatment are To minimize bruising avoid the following blood thinners ~3 days prior to treatment: baby aspirin, Aleve, Motrin, multivitamins, vitamin E and D, and fish oils – they can cause you to bruise more easily. Note: please consult with your prescribing physician before discontinuing any prescribed baby
aspirin or blood thinners. Without clearance from your prescribing physician we will not be able to treat you.
- Please do not drink alcohol for 7 days prior to the procedure.
- Please do not smoke 2 days before and 2 weeks after treatment.
- You are not a candidate for MINT Threads if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- are allergic to any of its ingredients
- have acute illness or autoimmune deficiencies
- have a bleeding disorder
- have keloid or hypertrophic scarring
- Do not schedule any dental work, including cleanings, 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- We always recommend using sunscreen to protect your skin as we will not perform the treatment on sunburnt skin. Please use care when in the sun and in the days prior to your appointment.
- It’s important not to have a bacterial or fungal infection, or an abrasion in the desired treatment area as it can spread after injection.
- Always inform your clinician of all medications you may be taking, as well as any changes in your medical history.
How the treatment is performed
we start the procedure with clean the face with special solution and alcohole .marking the face and numbed the area
with local anesthesia. Then start placing thread in the face. Usually wont take more than 1 hour. After thread placed in the face , we sit up the pt to evalute
the placement ,and then cut the threads. Pt may have swelling due to injecting anesthesia which will be subside withing next few days up to a week. We will
see the patient in one week , to evaluate the result. And then in 6 weeks period to evaluate if she /he need of more threads for more lifting .
Thread lift aftercare : What to do after thread lift
- DO know that it is common to feel some tugging and soreness as you move the treated area. These feelings diminish after a week or two.
- DO go back to everyday life (i.e. driving, eating (avoiding aggressive or prolonged chewing), walking, etc.) right after the procedure. See notes about exercise in “Don’t” section.
- Do apply a cool compress ( in 30-minute increments over the first 24 hours to reduce swelling. Please be aware that using ice on newly injected skin, or thin and fragile skin, can cause injury. Frostbite can occur from ice left on the skin too long. Note: do not ice over the entry point.
- Do use Arnica for bruising. The bruising will dissipate over the next 7-14 days depending on your individual healing process. You can purchase bromelain at Facial Aesthetics on the day of your treatment.
- Do use bromelain for swelling that has not dissipated in 24 hours. You can purchase bromelain at Facial Aesthetics on the day of your treatment.
- Do sleep on your back (if possible) for the next 3-5 days to prevent movement of threads.
- Do return to your skin care program after 24 hours.
- Do (if prescribed) take your full prescription of your antibiotic or anti-viral medication.
- Do manage any pain or discomfort by taking only Tylenol as per recommended dosing instructions. Due to threads being placed in the skin, there may be discomfort and tightness in the area for several days after the procedure, this will decrease over time.
- Do contact your injector following the Thread Lift procedure if you develop any new or worsened swelling, tenderness, warmth, or redness in the treated area, or if you’re experiencing any discharge from the entry point(s).
- Do make a follow-up appointment with your injector 1-week post-treatment – communication is so important.
- DO NOT touch your entry points for 48 hours. If applying a cool compress, avoid contact with the entry points.
- Do not massage the treatment area or receive deep facial massage for the next 2 months.
- Do not pick at the tiny scab that will form at the entry point over the next few days. If it itches, hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip may be gently applied to the site, or an oral antihistamine such Benadryl can be taken.
- Do not lay down either on your back or on your stomach for 4 hours after the procedure to decrease the possibility of the movements of threads.
- Do not exercise for 4 weeks. This includes all strenuous workouts. Walking is permitted.
- Do not take a shower or wash your hair for the first 24 hours. Avoid hot showers for one week.
- When washing face after 24 hours, gently wash the required area with cleanser (recommended by your injector) and water. It is fine to shampoo and wash over the entry point and to towel off the area.
- Do not take a hot tub, or sauna for one week.
- Do not smoke or consume alcoholic beverages (includes wine) for 1-2 weeks. Smoking and drinking will slow down the healing process.
- Do not apply skin care products/makeup for 24 hours post treatment.
- Do not apply makeup over the entry point until you see your clinician at your follow- up appointment.
- Do not make exaggerated facial expressions for about 2-3 weeks. Avoid aggressive or prolonged chewing, wide yawning, or smiling too large for up to 1 month.
- Do avoid dental work, including cleanings, for 4 weeks. Should you have a dental emergency, please contact your injector.
SIDE EFFECTS of thread lift
Those interested in thread lifts to be aware that though it is minimal, thereis some downtime and minor short-term side effects post-procedure. (
Pls reword this sentence) Possible brusing, some inflammation Temporary dimpling of the skin which will be settle within new few days
Even though we never experience in our practice but adverse reactions to sutures is listed as one of the side effect.
PRECAUTIONS & CONTRAINDICATIONS
No thread lift on pregnant and breasfeeking
On Active skin infection and inflammation and pt with blood clotting disorder not candiate
How often can you get thread lift ?
The threads usually dissolve withing one year however the effect of that which is increasing collagen synthesis can be seen up to two years. You can repeat
the treatment once you feel the laxicity of skin is coming back but generally A follow up treatment every year to maintain the result is recommended.
How much does thread lift cost?
Depending on the type of threads you choose, the size and scope of the area yoy arre getting treated on the body, where you live and the experience of your provider pricing starts at about $2,500.
11am – 6pm
11am – 6pm
11am – 6:30pm
11am – 6:30pm
11am – 6:30pm
11am – 2 pm
Mon 1am – 6pm
Tue 11am – 6pm
Wen 11am – 6:30pm
Thu 11am – 6:30pm
Fri 11am – 6:30pm
Sat 11am – 2 pm